Wednesday, December 9, 2009

On the Side of Angels

It's been a while since I've put thoughts here. Finishing the semester has been a challenge, but today I will take my final exam. I'm thankful to have this over with and I long for January when I will start with a fresh slate. A friend told me last night that he didn't believe in New Year's Resolutions. "After all," he said, "We always break New Year's Resolutions. I just set goals for the year." This is an approach that I think I will take in 2010. I've given New Year's Resolutions a good go for thirty years. This sounds worth a shot.

2009 has been a roller coaster ride. I am so close to finishing school that I can taste it. I'm not sure yet what I want to do when I finish next December. Perhaps, I will get a job teaching Spanish in the public schools. I would like to devote a good portion of time to my writing. I think I have a lot of good ideas.

I just finished Anne Rice's Angel Time. It was truly a gripping novel, and what a twist from her old style: from vampires to witches, her own return to the church and the travels of the historical Jesus, and now to a hit man who is approached by the Angel Malchia and urged to give up his old life and do the work of the angels. This is a must read!

There's not much else to say now. I'm setting the table for dinner with a special friend tonight. Good luck to everyone with final exams and their goals for 2010. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment